Monday, February 20, 2012

WINTER JAM 2012!

Okay, let's start at the very beginning..forgive me, this may be the longest post in all of my blogs history. But stay with me, ok? It's worth it, trust me!

Last night was the Winter Jam. It was sooooo much fun, and a rather unexpected night at that. Lemme take you back to where it all began..

Saturday, Taylor invited me, Lana, Haidyn, Jessica, Cynthia, and Emily to Winter Jam for her birthday. We all met at my house, loaded up in two cars, and went to Sonic downtown. The line was FREAKISHLY long, and we stood there forever, talking and making jokes. There was a huge sign on the wall (about 7 feet at least, probably more) that had a Cranberry limeade drink on it, and under it read, "NOT ACTUAL SIZE."

Can somebody say, "Duh"? Of course that's not the actual size! Come on, really?

Well, I came up with a really good idea. I told everyone what I was planning, and when I got up to order, here's what I said to the dude behind the register..

"Yeah, I wanna get a Cranilla Craze, the size of that one over there on the wall." I pointed to the picture with a very straight face (still not sure how I did that). He laughed at me like, "Uh-huh, fat chance!"

After ordering, we all stood in line for nearly 2 hours. I couldn't believe how packed it was. The doors were opening at 5 pm, but at about 4:40 one of the girls with us (Emily) had to go to the bathroom. Yeah, I know what you're thinking..why didn't she just hold it?

She'd been holding it for two hours already.

So she and Taylor and Haidyn left our wolfpack of 6 to go find a bathroom. They had 20 minutes to get through that big 'ol mob, and they just barely made it. Even at that they were still about 20 people behind us. Somehow on our way in, two girls had to go through another line, my dad's Sonic cup got crushed, Taylor found a new best friend, and FINALLY, after being shoulder to shoulder with all these random people, we were in.

We really enjoyed the concert. Our favorite definitely had to be Skillet. They ended the show with fireworks, smoke, fire..IT WAS SO COOL! Lana and woke up the next morning barely able to talk from all the screaming the night before. A few bands before Skillet, Lana and I went out so we could use the restroom and go buy a cd or t-shirt. Welllll that never wound up happening..one of the girls with us had what we think was a panic attack. We stayed in the restroom with her for a few minutes while she sat on the counter, waiting for it to pass. But it just got worse. Ten minutes passed, and she started crying and said she couldn't feel her hands. She was taken to Children's hospital, and thankfully she was okay and able to go home that night. Phew!

After the concert, we rushed out to the parking lot, trying to beat the crowds. We went by another entrance, and a big mob of people came piling out. Haidyn and I were walking behind Cynthia and my dad, and Lana was a little to the side. I started seeing more and more people I didn't know, and less of my dad. I got really nervous and said, "Haidyn..Haidyn, HAIDYN!" We grabbed each other and ran. By the time we got to the car, Lana said she almost got lost too.

At Taylor's house, we talked and laughed until 3 in the morning. Long story short, here are some new conclusions we came to that night: Taylor is a shrimp, I'm a pelican, Haidyn is a squirrel--or Mrs. Potato Head, whichever you prefer, Taylor Stamp is a syberian tiger (& acts like one too;), Lana is a seal, and Emily is a giraffe. Oh, and Cindy is a turtle.

Also, here's some insiders from the car ride home for Haidyn and Lana. Enjoy!

*"is that a shadow or does that truck have racing stripes?"
*"That chef is wearin' pampers."
*"Ya know what, Haidyn? You sound like you're from where you grew up!"

Love ya girls!

4 comments:

  1. Tell me about it! And that's the shortened version of what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Yeah, I wanna get a Cranilla Craze, the size of that one over there on the wall."...........BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! This part is by far the best!!!!! That is so something I would do!!!! Harharhar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! I think I made that guys day, he was cracking up!! XD

    ReplyDelete