Monday, February 13, 2012

Came Like A Winter Snow

Yesterday was what you would call a not-so-good day. Whitney Houston died yesterday, and my dad's grandmother stopped responding yesterday. She passed away around 2:30 am this morning. Also, one of my photography teachers' subjects, a newborn, died the other day.
There's a lot of upheaval going on right now. People are not at peace. There's hurt everywhere.
But last night, a winter snow came. As I looked out my window in the middle of the night, watching the snow fall down like glitter, my dad on the phone with his aunt talking of funeral arrangements, I got this picture in my mind of how God is like a winter snow in the dead of night. Quiet, soft, and slow.
Listen to this song by Chris Tomlin and Audrey Assad.








Could've come like a mighty storm
With all the strength of a hurricane
You could've come like a forest fire
With the power of heaven in Your flame

But You came like a winter snow
Quiet and soft and slow
Falling from the sky in the night
To the earth below

2 comments:

  1. Ew, that's not cool that you're dad's grandma passd and that lady's newborn passed. Don't really know who the Houston lady is. But on a lighter, gooder (don't use that word in English class) note, nice snow pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney Houston was a celebrity in the 80's and 90's.

    ReplyDelete