Thursday, February 2, 2012

Todays Topic Is..crying?

Yesterday my mom and I were talking. I was about to leave for church because that night we were going to surprise Taylor and her mom would present her a scrapbook, and all the women and us teens were going to say something to her and/or give a note. My mom asked if I was going to read my letter out loud. Of course, I said no (but wound up doing it anyway. More on that in a later post). We both expected that everyone would probably cry at some point, and since she knows that I don't cry, she said with a teasing smile, "I bet you're gonna cry too!"
"No way!" I argued.
"I don't think any girl is fully a woman until they can easily be brought to tears. They don't see the need until they've had some life experience."
"Well, I wanna cry pretty often, I just choose not to. I don't like it."
"Well, the Bible says..."
Oh no, here we go.
"The Bible says in our weakness we are strong."
"That doesn't mean I have to cry!"
"Yes it does!"
"Whatever!" I said as we laughed at our fake argument.
But I want some opinions from my readers. How do you feel about crying? Do you agree with me or my mom? Is crying good or bad?
I encourage all my readers to leave a comment (if you aren't following my blog, you can post as Anonymous).
Get opinionated!

3 comments:

  1. I personally agree with you Gabby, I don't like to cry. In fact, I rarely cry at all, I didn't even cry at my Grandmothers funeral last August (or was that September, I'll explain in a post on my blog). But then again, I guess some good things can come from crying. Anyhoo, I still don't like to cry, soo yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your mom. I believe crying is a sacred thing from God. Remember, he is the potter and we are his clay. When we are most "mold-able" is when we are vulnerable and crying. Jesus even cried. Wept actually. He wept over his lost people. How amazing is that? One time, a very wise man told me that every tear we've ever cried, God has kept in a bottle. I don't know about you, but I'm excited to see that when I get to heaven. To me, God speaks to me more clearly through my tears. Therefore I find myself crying during my prayer time alot. So don't look at crying as if its weakness, look at it as your intament moments with God. It'll change your whole perspective. (;

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a point..who is this, by the way?

    ReplyDelete