Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Wait - Mat Kearney

I found this song while clicking around on Youtube. I've never heard this song, but the name caught my eye and Mat Kearney is one of my favorites. I began to watch it, and the first two verses was all it took for me to think, "This is my favorite song." I've never done that with a song before. I've also never had a song that fit me to a T up until now.
I was born in December. I love December. I love the cold. I've even found myself feeling like this in the middle of December.
Check out this song. I hope you love it too.

(lyrics under the video)



The wind hit my back, cold as I remember
And caught me off guard, in the middle of December
Sometimes a crowded room, can feel the most alone
Sometimes I wonder why, I won't pick up the phone when

[bridge]
This wall is glaring and it's too high for me to climb
I've ran and ran and now there's nothing left behind
I see a picture of a broken man inside
I've tried and tried and now there's nothing left but time

[chorus]
I'll wait for you, I'll wait for you alone
And I'll wait for you, I'll wait for you alone
Together we will fly tonight
And leave all the rest behind
I'll wait for you

These hands can feel like they're not even mine
A tree and a nail and a cry in the night
Sometimes a little step is the greatest divide
Sometimes I feel your breath right at my side when

[bridge]

[chorus]

Here I am at the edge of the road
One hand on the end of the rope
One crack and it breaks alone
Wondering who'se gonna take me home
On my knees when you call my bluff
Begging please from the edge of the ruff
And I know I've had enough, and I know it, and I know it

[bridge]

[chorus]

9 comments:

  1. That's right you were born in December, and you like the cold? I like it okay, (I love it if it's snowing outside). And I like December too. Btw, did you say you're 14 or 15?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Mat Kearney! And that song is beautiful. Hey we share a birthday month! Happy Birthday month, Gabby! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh: ya, I know I'm weird, but as long as its not too windy I like it. And I turned 15.
    Ruthiey: thanks! Mine was on the 23rd. That's 9 days apart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't say you were weird (I'm the weird one),all I said was that you and I like the same things. (okay now that was weird and now I'm embarrassed)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, here's another thing we have in common--im weird too, sooooooo that means we're both weird! What are the chances of that??

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exactly are you weird? Cause of course we know that I'm weird, from Google Buzz and my blog, but what weird stuff do you do? I mean, not that I'm calling you weird or anything, it's just...um....uh...okay I think I just put my foot in my mouth on that one....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I guess you're going to have to find out;)

    ReplyDelete