Friday, December 30, 2011

Flyleaf

Okay, so if some of you don't know, Flyleaf is my top favorite band. Like, ever. The band members are..
Lacey Sturm - Lead Singer
Sameer Bhattacharya - Guitarist
Pat Seals - Bassist
Jared Hartmann - Guitarist
James Culpepper - Drummer

Here's a picture of the band:


(Pat is the guy with long hair, by the way. Doesn't he look awesome?)

Lacey Mosley, the lead singer, was born in Arlington, Texas to a single mom of six. They were poor, and when they couldn't afford to live in one place, they'd move to another. Lacy often fought with her mom, and describes her home life as a warzone.
Here's her testimony-



Flyleaf is a hard rock/metal band. Personally, I like that type of music, and the fact that I can relate to most of Lacey's songs is a plus.
If you like rock music, Flyleaf is definitely worth looking into. They have 2 cd's:

album name: Flyleaf

album name: Memento Mori

Considering Lacey's rough background, including her joining a band called Passerby that had a very negative outlook (but later quitting the band), she has a very biblical point of view and is a really good example of how God pursues us. She was going to commit suicide, but God chased her down and decided her story wasn't over and would have a different ending. A better ending.

Hope you enjoy the music.

7 comments:

  1. Flyleaf is a crazy-original band. Love this! And I didn't know her testimony so thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya totally! That's why I love them so much.
    Glad you liked the post. Her testimony was too good and I just had to share it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now I know this is off the subject, but Gabby, now that you know what I sound like, when I answered the phone earlier, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya know, you sounded exactly like I expected!
    And a little like Adam Young. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that's a good thing. And I didn't know what to expect with you, so I guess it's a good thing to hear the person I talk too. Not to be a...um...I...am I embarrassing you at all?

    ReplyDelete
  6. He he, no you're not embarrassing me. And ya, that's (pretty much) a good thing.
    What did you do for New Years?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stayed up to midnight, playing video games. Nothing really exciting, have you seen my blog recently?

    ReplyDelete