Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Recital




Last night I had my first guitar recital. Like, ever. I was so nervous, I couldn't hardly breathe. But thankfully, Lydia Wilson was sitting next to me, and she distracted me through the first 17 songs. Thanks Lydia!
Kelsey was the 18th student to play, and she did so good! She played "O Come, All Ye Faithful" on the piano. Go Kelso!! She finished her piece, and sat back down by me. I gave her a high five, and then..

The announcer said my name.

I prayed,"Uh hey God? I know there's more important things right now..like ya know, starving kids in Africa, but I'm really kinda nervous, so..that would be really great if you could help me out here.".

Before I knew it, it was over (by the way I played a medley; a combo of Jolly Old St. Nicholas and Jingle Bells), and I did much better than I thought I was going to! Woot woot, God's awesome! It was really fun. Afterwards my family, both my aunts, and a few of my cousins all went to eat at Ihop. The highlight of my night was when my cousin Lily, who is 4, said to the waitress as she was walking by, "Hey, do you have pancakes and eggs, lady? I want pancakes and eggs!"
Ha! cute kid!

Oh, here's a nice one of my cousin Jacob at the reception. What a goofball!

12 comments:

  1. I thought I was the biggest goofball? Hmm maybe I should work on that what do you think Gabby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I think you got it, Josh! Don't worry, Jacob can't top you;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good, oh and the pic at the top, are you on the left or right? (So I can get a face behind the talking)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey do you have an email? If you do, what is it?
    (I'm going to try to get a blog to replace google buzz)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya I'm actually gonna move on to Google Plus, so if u wanna move onto that w/ me we can do that too.
    Here's my current email:
    gabbymcgee15@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Gabby, Google+ is only for peeps 18 and over so we're excluded. Wanna help me get a blog put together?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ya I know, I just lied about my age;) But ya, I can do that. What do u want it to be about?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just thinking of something close to what Google Buzz was (if that's even possible)

    ReplyDelete