Friday, December 2, 2011

Pray

I spent a few hours last night praying and talking to God (that's a record!). I prayed about a lot of things, but mostly I prayed for a friend of mine. I love this girl to death. She's funny, she's sweet, she's pretty..I love her.
She talks to me a lot about her personal life, and she really trusts me. I'm glad she does, because I really enjoy talking to her and helping her. But last night, I had myself so worried about her, and as hard as I tried I could not sleep. I felt like Adam Young..leave my door open just a crack, because I feel like such an insomniac. Haha!
But I decided to change up my normal routine and, instead of worrying my fool head off until I finally fall asleep around 2 or 3, I prayed about it.
Afterwards, I felt ten times better. I could actually sleep. Come on, it's pretty amazing for me to actually get some sleep! Between headaches, school, worrying, and a busy schedule, I rarely get more than five hours of sleep.
I know most people doubt that praying actually works, but it totally does! I don't know if my friend is doing any better (she's kinda got herself in a big mess), but it felt like ten pounds had come off my shoulders after I talked to Him about my worries.
If what you're doing isn't working, try God! He works;)

1 comment: