Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What Really Matters

These past few weeks have left us all feeling very empty. We're all just trying our best to push through these hard times, you know?
but even though we are all broke, drained, and having our patience tested to the max, we have really enjoyed each other the past couple of days. We have played lots of Wii together! Right now I can hear Spencer, Asher, and Kelsey playing Mario:) I made popcorn last night and aunt Candace played some Wii Sports with us. We all had a good laugh when my dad told Mary that the Kool-Aid he was drinking was medicine so he could live. LOL!
I will admit that I haven't laughed as hard as I have these 2 days in a really, really long time. We 'big people' sometimes get so caught up in our lives that we forget what's really important. It's not about friends, it's not about success, it's not about money, it's all about Jesus. He's not being selfish when he asks us to focus on him, to give him all the attention. He knows that we need something higher than ourselves to put our trust in.
It has taken me fourteen long years to get this basic point, and I still have trouble wrapping my mind around it.
God really, really, loves us. Like, a lot. I don't really know what he sees in me personally, and I honestly think he's crazy, but its true! Even though I've done things I'm not proud of, neglected important things, and have sinned just like everybody else...
He still loves me.
So here's what I want you to do. I want you to think about this when you're done reading. Read your Bible. Talk to God about it. Have you been focusing on him lately? Or have you been distracted by your life, whether it's good, hectic, or not so good?
The truth is, we all get distracted. I've done it time and time again...but soon as I turn my attention back to him, its like I'm relearning what he already told me and I'm like, "oh yeah! I almost forgot that."
So spend some time with God! Especially if you're feeling empty. You can try anything and everything to fill yourself up when you're empty but, take it from someone who has been down that road a million times-nothing will satisfy you like Jesus will.
Focus on what really matters today.

My song for today:

He is jealous for me
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy
When all of the sudden, I am unaware
of these afflictions eclipsed by glory
And I realize just how beautiful you are
And how great your affections are for me
and oh, how he loves us
Oh, how he loves us
how he loves us all
He is jealous for me
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy
When all of the sudden I am unaware
Of these afflictions eclipsed by glory
and I realize just how beautiful you are
And how great your affections are for me
Oh, how he loves!
yeah he loves us
Oh, how he loves us
oh how loves
and we are his portion
And he is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in his eyes
If his grace is an ocean
We're all sinking
And heaven meets earth
Like an unforeseen kiss
And my heart turns violently
inside of my chest
And I don't have time to maintain these regrets
When I think about the way
Oh, how he loves us
Oh, how he loves us
How he loves us all

That's David Crowder Band, How He Loves if u wanna check it out.

Thanks for reading! Adios!

3 comments:

  1. You're writing is amazing Gabby how do you do it? :( i CAN'T WRITE LIKE THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Idk I just like writing..I didn't think it was that good!
    And I love your blog! Keep writing, your doing just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks but my wrting is not that good and I need more thing's to write about.

    ReplyDelete