Sunday, August 21, 2011

Beat Up That Car!

A few years ago my friend and i volunteered to help with a carnival. We got there at eight, ran a booth until noon, then we let someone else take over so we could get lunch. We had a little spare time, so after I got my face painted, I went across the street to play a game where you get to beat up a car. Yup, you read that right. No typos. They'd had a useless old car towed to the carnivals' location, and all around the car there was yellow caution tape. Kids took turns grabbing a hammer, mallet, or bat and after putting on gloves and safety glasses, walked up and took a whack. As I waited in line and watched these kids, some of them my age, I noticed how most of them didn't really do anything. The ones who did busted out windows, but there are only six possible to bust out and it didn't take long before there weren't any windows left to smash through. After that, most didn't even leave a small dent.
And were they driving me crazy? Um YEAH. I mean come on, when else would they get an opportunity to beat up a car and it be ok?
It was my turn. My hands tingling, I grabbed a bat, stalked up to the cafr, and beat the tar out of it. I used to have some pretty serious anger issues, and at that point, I was sick of my life. I walked away from the car when I was done leaving four large dents in the hood, two on the side, and the drivers side door hanging on one hinge.
What am I getting at? Well, let's say that car represents this world's sin, pain, and unbelief. Picture those kids barely making a small dent as the Christians doing nothing about it except for the few of us who did.
Yeah. Ouch. Didn't see that coming, did you?
We have got to stop being so afraid of looking like freaks and start helping lost people find home! Why do you think they call us Jesus freaks? Believe it or not, people see a difference in Christians. Even if you really aren't showing your faith very much, they can still see that you're different. Trust me, I've been that person. We gotta get a move on and start hauling butt on that car. Don't just give the hood a tiny little dent, shatter the windows of unbelief, knock a big ol' hole in sin and pain. Come on people! Let's get this show on the road! Lol feel free to go Carrie Underwood and carve your name in the leather seats. XD
That's my 2 cents for today;) see you next post, and remember your fellow man!

5 comments:

  1. Hey everybody, sorry if you've tried to comment on my post's, apparently it's not working...until I get it fixed, you can email me at gabbymcgee15@gmail.com for questions or to follow up on your two cents;)
    Thanks!
    Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Gabby, good words! I'm glad I found your blog. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks:) I'm glad I found yours, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I'm surprised they let them do that I mean let people beat up a car

    I wish I could have done it.

    ReplyDelete