Monday, March 5, 2012

Splinters..

On Friday, Cindy and I stopped at a garage sale on the way to work. Cindy bought a wooden sign to put in her front yard, and as I was putting it in the truck for her, I got a splinter in my 3rd finger. The sucker was like an inch long!

So you're probably thinking, "Why the heck is she suddenly talking about splinters?" Bear with me people, I'm about to make a point..or an analogy, if you will. ;)

2 days later, I was in the shower when I grabbed the shampoo bottle, and with a shoot of pain in my finger I realized that splinter was still there and I'd forgotten about it! I got it out of course, but it hurt worse because I'd waited so long.
Sometimes that's what people do in life. We get used to living with pain, and so we let it slip to the side and forget about it. Then later, something reminds us of that wound and it hurts even worse.
Don't push problems that you can fix to the side! Pray and ask God about whatever it is..whether it's as little as a splinter or as big as a broken life. Don't leave the mess, it'll just get bigger. Jesus will get you through anything.

Oh, and I'm just going to add this last picture for your enjoyment--though it has nothing to do with the post:


YAY-YUH! I finally got my coffee stuff!! *does Candace Flynn's evil laugh*

Note: Candace Flynn is the big sis of the famous Disney Brothers Phineas and Ferb. You can find her either drooling over Jeremy, talking to Stacey, or busting her brothers.

2 comments:

  1. Trying to bust her brothers, and WOO-HOOO FOR COFFEE!!!! I love me a good cup a joe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I heart it. =)

    ReplyDelete