Monday, January 16, 2012

Spiritual Warfare

This is a subject that I don't think or talk about a lot, but this past week I've had some serious supernatural things happen. I would like to share with you guys about what happened this week.
A week or two ago I stayed with Taylor and Lana for the weekend. On Saturday night, we were going to make burritos for dinner, so Taylor and I drove up to Buy For Less to get some tortillas, cilantro, and everything else we were going to need. We spent about ten minutes shopping, and then went to go check out. A couple of registers down, there was a man also checking out. From behind, he looked like he was probably a retarted person..his hair was thin and frazzled, and his posture was that of someone with a mental problem.
We were still standing in line when the man turned around, and looked at Taylor and I (keep in mind that we hadn't been talking about him, and if we had, he would have been too far away to hear us). It's hard to explain, but soon as our eyes locked with his, we both--at the same time--felt really eerie. Taylor is pretty sensetive to the supernatural, but I'm not really like that..so if I could feel it, that's kind of a big deal. We had a really hard time shaking it off.
The week following was really weird. It was as if, all of the sudden, God wasn't there. I felt like he'd left and he wasn't coming back. The whole week I felt like this, and it wouldn't go away. All these terrible thoughts were being pounded in my head, and they were condemning.
Sunday was when I really started putting the pieces together. It was the middle of the afternoon, and I was perfectly fine. I wasn't sick, I didn't have a headache, nothing.
I began to get dizzy. I figured maybe I'd got up from the couch too fast, and it would go away. But it didn't. I was mopping the floor in my room when it started getting worse. I started to feel hot, so I went to put the mop away and get a drink of water, but it didn't help. I started getting hotter as I went back to my room, and I felt so weak I collapsed on my bed. My sister said I looked weird, and asked if I was okay. I tried to tell her what was going on, but I literally was unable to speak, and then my vision started blurring.
I was scared. This had been going on for ten of fifteen minutes now, and that was really unusual for me. My sister went and got me some more water, and when she came back the dizziness was starting to go away, but my heart was still racing and I felt like I'd been beat up.
After that, I slept for two hours, and when I got up, I felt totally fine.
That night, I prayed about it. I wanted to just say that I'd had too much caffeine, but I knew that wasn't true because I'd only had my normal two glasses of soda that day. Nothing else I thought of made sense except the supernatural thing.
I'm pretty much sure now that was what it was, because that night after talking to God about it, the feeling went away. I didn't feel eerie, condemned, nothing. It was like whatever it was that was following me around left. I know that God was with me the whole time, but my thoughts were trying to drown him out.
We need to remember that our war is not against flesh and blood, but against the unseen. Lies are so easy to believe. Truth is the only weapon you have against it. So use it! And never forget that God is always there, fighting for you when you can't.

6 comments:

  1. Wow.....hmmm gets me thinking about the end times.
    When I just know the devil is working overtime, to stop believers from spreading the Good News. Glad to know your ok though. (Hope that doesn't sound too weird)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was intense. I am so glad God protected you. Sometimes I get really mad at Satan. Not only do we have to fight our own sinful selves, but we have to be fighting him as well. It teaches us our own frailty, though. God bless and protect you, dear Gabby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. It was really intense, and it was the first time I had experienced something like that. But I can tell a big difference, I know whatever it was has left. I'm Sooooo glad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have five words for you: THE.....DEVIL...IS...A....NERD!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amen! and Speak the name of Jesus! It's above every name!

    ReplyDelete