Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Lessons Learned From Monopoly

I had a fantastic weekend! On Friday, my family and I went over to my cousins house and stayed the night. We rode the four wheeler like maniacs, jumped on the trampoline, had a mud fight, almost killed the dog, found about a million tarantulas (they were orange and black. SO COOL!), and stayed up until 1:00 am playing Monopoly.
I was doing pretty good for a while. I bought Boardwalk pretty much right off the bat, and later sold it for $500 with no future charges on any of the blue districts, AND Water Works. After that, I collected all of the pink districts, and two of the green. I had about $2,000 at this point.
Then out of no where, my cousin Sarah started catching up. In no time, she had all of my sisters money and property, which put her out of the game. Then she took out Brianna.
Then she started working on me.
I fought so hard. I tried so hard to keep my money and my property, but in the end I had to mortgage and she took EVERYTHING. I came back later and she'd trampled everyone else, too. She won the game.

None of us were real happy with her.
But that's okay. We forgave her, since we're such nice people and everything. ;)

Before going to bed that night (which was around 2 I might add), I read a devotional in a book I have by Sarah Young. It was talking about how health and wealth can disappear just like that (picture me snapping my fingers), but it's what's eternal that really matters.
I thought it was kind of ironic that I'd open up the book and find that right after going bankrupt playing Monopoly.

It may seem like how much money you have, how many things you own, or whether or not you have two cars are top priority. But really, God is top priority, and that's the way it should be.


Here's some footage of the interesting things that happen at the Cowan's. Enjoy!


Kelsey tried to throw mud at my face...and it landed at the top of an 8 foot roof. Nice throw, Queso!


Olivia my dear, I know you like shoes & all...but aren't those a little too big?


I'll post videos tomorrow.

Manana amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment